Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thursday Review




So for some reason I never really listened to the new release from one of my favorite bands Thursday up until now. I think it was due to the fact that their last release was one of the most disapointing albums of all time for me, since I adored the band's earlier work. Kill the House Lights shows Thursday return to their old-style that was somewhat abandoned on their last major label release A City By the Light Divided which was on Island Records. Thursday is back on Victory Records and really sound better than ever. Although the album isn't a total collection of new songs, some new tracks found their way onto the record. Ladies And Gentlemen: My Brother, The Failure is the opening track and is beautifuly-agressive with deep bass lines and Geoff Rickley's vocal presence will fool you into thinking your listening to an older Thursday record. The album even includes demo versions of songs, including Paris in Flames, and Wind-Up, which were both released on the bands last Victory release Full Collapse. All in all, the album is great, and will really bring old Thursday fans, like myself, back to caring about the band. I strongly recommend downloading this album, or even buying it.

No comments: